Thursday, August 18, 2011

A day of firsts....

So this week was a week of first... first week at my new job, first time I've been a teacher at Meet the Teacher, first day with students and then the dreaded first day of the semester for me. How ever Andrew did buy me flowers this week to help celebrate all my firsts :)


 It's amazing how I am so excited to be in a school and see my new students but then at the same time I am dreading the same process where I become the student. I have taken a lot of time to think lately and am trying to count my blessings, I am so grateful to have parents that are putting me through college and that I am going to have a wonderful education. There are so many people who don't get that opportunity.

I work at a private school now and that is what I hope my students will realize one day. Their parent's are paying more than I pay for college tuition for them to attend elementary school. But I will give it to them there is something to say about an education you pay for and that you will always get the best but just from the first day meeting them they are amazing well behaved children and I couldn't be more excited to work with them. The curriculum at my school is amazing. They work on a one+ program that educates students on review material for the grade level they are in and teaching the new material for the next grade. The schools whole focus is to provide the students with an outstanding eduction and the staff that I have met at Chesterbrook so far definitely holds up to those standards..

Teacher workdays were fun. Here is some before and after pictures from my classroom :)

The corner by the door before and after


Side by our Teacher Desks before and after


Social Studies Corner before and after


The Science corner before and after

Our classroom is awesome and the perfect size for our 19 students. Its such a great number and they get so much one on one time since there are two of us :) Tomorrow is Friday and I am looking forward to our weekend.










No comments:

Post a Comment