Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas Questionaire Link UP

I saw this precious questionnaire over at The Merry Mrs. Mobley and I thought I'd give it a go!

1.  Egg nog or hot chocolate? Hot chocolate all the way! I love it in all flavors and buy a bunch as soon as winter time hits(

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa always wraps presents but in special paper. At my house growing up presents from family always had to be in colors that matched the tree. ( So Maroon, Hunter Green and Gold) so Santa brought us wrapping paper with all our favorite things!

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White lights everywhere. They are so classic and don't take away from all your other decorations

4. Do you hang mistletoe? I never have. Where do you even get them??

5. When do you put your decorations up? We always put them up the Saturday after Thanksgiving when we are home with our family (aka we help them decorate their houses ) So we put ours up right before we leave so when we come back its Christmas time :)

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? My moms sweet potato casserole... loaded with tons of marshmallows :)

 7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? It starts out as my sister and I being very bratty not wanting Pj's on Christmas so one year my mom let us unwrap a different gift. That was the best and worst Christmas Eve ever. We didn't realize how much we loved the PJ's and how it made our Christmas Eve not the same as every other. Now if my mom even jokes about us not doing PJ's ( which she does just to bug us) my sister and I have some serious words with my mom. I love that it made us realize how special traditions are!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I honestly don't remember but I do remember when my dad tried to tell me the truth he gave me a new book I wanted and some money cause he was so upset and uncomfortable that he was going to break my spirit. I took it and then told him I already knew :)

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? On Christmas Eve we open one gift but its always PJ's and my whole family gets a pair (its my favorite gift)

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Our Christmas tree is decorate in a series of Purple Silvers and Ivory! We are gonna get another tree next year to make our NC State Tree since we have an abundance of those ornaments!

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? Both! I love it for getting me out of work and school, but hate it when I'm bored and read to get out.

12. Can you ice skate? Yes every year! We haven't been this year but I'm sure its coming soon.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? It's super sappy so if your not the sentimental type now is the time to move to #14. The first Christmas we had Bently (our dog) Andrew had a special gift for me under the tree from Bently. It said Mommy's First Christmas and it was a little ornament of a paw print and his picture.. I lost it! Hate to see when I have real kids!

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Time off to see my family.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Fudge and the ridiculous amounts of Chocolate Chip Banana Nut Bread my mom and I bake :)

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? For as long as I've remembered we've always    eat pizza on Christmas Eve, head to the movies and then open up our Christmas Eve gift.. aka PJ's! Then My sister and I go to one of our rooms to sleep. (This is the first year Andrew will be staying the night so I am so excited)

17. What tops your tree? A beautiful silver star... courtesy my mother

18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Giving for sure. I work so much harder on my list of what to get for other people than I do on my own. I love buying things for people and knowing they are going to be so happy when they get something they really wanted!

19. Candy canes: yuck or yum? Im impartial. I like certain ones but if I had to go a year without them, I wouldn't die

20. Favorite Christmas movie? The Santa Clause series 
 
21. Saddest Christmas song? "Christmas Shoes" ... if you don't cry for that one you have no soul.

22. What is your favorite Christmas song? I love Kelly Clarksons version of Grown Up Christmas List!

Now it's your turn! Link back in the comments section with your answers!

No comments:

Post a Comment