Thursday, May 10, 2012

Dear 18 year old me

With Graduation coming up I have begun to think a lot about my 18 year old self and the start of the next chapter I made in college. There are so many things I wish I knew or would have listened to.
So 18 year old me, Here is some advice I wish you knew

Dear 18 year old me,

I know you are so excited about college and growing up but slow down. This is such an amazing time so enjoy it. After you finish this chapter you will face the real world and that is hard. So take your time in college, study abroad and don't waste your time in summer school.

Patience and Planning. These are two qualities you need to work on. One you have to much of and one you have to little of. I'll let you figure out which is which.

Boys, break up and move on. That first boy you fall in love with in high school is going to hurt but its okay. You'll meet an amazing guy and watch him grow into a man. You'll marry him and realize this is true love.

Your parents, be nicer to them and appreciate them. You'll go to college and think you are to far away and want to move home. But they know whats best for you and motivate you to stay because they know you'll get over it and help you. You will realize this but know you can knew repay them for everything they have done for you

God, don't forget about him. Fortunately he love you and will help bring you back.

Your hair, stop dying it.There was a reason you didn't have blonde hair. You were born a brunette and its a great look on you. Also advice for the future. A bob is not for you. Stick with long layers.

Your sister, stop being so mean. Yes she 6 years younger and doesn't understand you but, you'll leave for college and when you come home you'll realized how much she missed and needed you and you'll become best friends.

High school friends, they are great but don't stress. These girls will still be your friends for life and even though you are at separate colleges you will get together over breaks and it will be as if there was no time apart.

Love always,
23 year old you



3 comments:

  1. If we only knew then, what we know now! Love this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I may have to copy this idea! I have so many things that I would tell my 18-year-old self!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post! Hindsight is 20/20;-)

    ReplyDelete