Monday, September 3, 2012

Good Bye White! Hello Black?

It's that time of year where we pack up all our white clothes!
IF you live South of the Mason Dixon line this is probably something you have heard since you were able to understand words!
(I dont really wish this on people but it was funny)

My grandmother calls me every year and reminds me to pack it away and it will help me appreciate the clothes more when I pull them out next Easter!

So is this rule really true?
Well actually yes! White fabrics are typically made of lighter material so it was worn in the summer months to keep people cooler and then put away as the weather turned 

IN retrospect.. During the winter months is when you pulled out your black or darker colored clothes because they were typically made of a thicker material and they aided in warmth during the colder months


So what will you be doing this year? Will you be packing up your white clothes? I know I will!


1 comment:

  1. I just blogged about this today! Don't hate me because I wear white in the winter!

    ReplyDelete