Monday, January 28, 2013

Recharging

Beware. This post is random.
So yes I know it has been a while since I have posted but it hasn't been because I haven't had anything to post about.

The month of January has just flown by and I didn't realize that I wasn't pausing to appreciate the daily happenings of my life.
Since coming back from Christmas break I haven't caught up at work. 
We have had 3 days of early releases or delays which have thrown my teaching plans out the window.
( I am actually on a 3 hour delay today which is why I am writing)
I am a huge type A person.
When I leave school I don't bring work home, home is time for me to relax and enjoy my husband. When I leave Friday I have all my copies and plans ready for the next week, I have all my papers graded and I am ready to enjoy my weekend.
Well in the past month I have broken these rules everyday.

Hence the not blogging. I typically read others and write my blog when I get home from work and schedule them for different days of the week. This way when Andrew is home I can focus on us time. However since I have been bring my work home I don't end up writing till the mornings while he is asleep.

Then it starting cutting into my quiet time with God so I stopped blogging. I knew at the moment I needed a recharge. A month of planning less(Hey a girl can't quit cold turkey) a month of taking things as they coming and getting back on track.

This past week as I was listening to the Elevation Worship Station on Pandora there were some lyrics from a song that really struck home.

Our God is Fighting For Us Always
We are not alone, we are not alone.

Its what I needed to hear. While I have been overwhelmed with everything that the world and my life is throwing at me, he is fighting for me to slow down and I did realize it.

At church Pastor JD talked about that during our quiet time we should spend time reading the Bible, praying, and reading literature about scripture over a 30-45 minute span. I do read the Bible and then spend time praying every morning but I do not read literature about scripture everyday and when I do its at night. I am excited that Andrew and I are starting a quiet time study together on the book The Reason For God: Belief in a World Of Skepticism by Tim Keller. I can't wait to see what it does to bring out quiet times together and reflect.

How do you recharge? Do you get in to deep before you realize you need to slow down?

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Blogging should definitely be put on the back burner when it comes to your husband and your faith. We will always be here when you are recharged and ready to go again.

    ReplyDelete