Monday, May 20, 2013

Guest Post: Amanda from Eloquent English!

So here is another one of my favorite bloggers! I am totally not a fashion blogger so it will be a nice change for you guys to read about fashion on my blog! Amanda is also the one who took those amazing pictures of us that I posted about a few weeks ago!

Hi there!  I'm Amanda and I blog over at Eloquent English!  A blog that has nothing to do with speaking eloquently, and everything to do with fashion, lifestyle and stuff that is interesting to us.


a little about me and a little about style...

How did you get into blogging?
To be honest, boredom.  With my job responsibilities, I found that I would go through major spurts of downtime.  I use to shop a lot online and I'm pretty sure the UPS man figured if there wasn't a package delivered that day I must have fallen ill.  I figured I should probably do something else other than spend money, so I started a blog.

What's the one thing you learned about yourself from blogging?
That the word 'eloquent' is rather ironic as I am a terrible writer!  Over the last year I've been able to practice my writing skills and hone in on what I really enjoyed writing about.  I think that's one of the most important things about having a blog.  Write about what you love!





Jacket: Gap, Shirt: Gap, Jeans: Banana Republic Factory, Shoes: ConverseBag: Theit, Necklace: Sprightly So

How would you describe your personal style?
From day to day that can change, but for the most part I'm pretty simple and classic.  Most weekdays I dress professionally in Banana Republic and on the weekends I like to dress a little more down to earth in Urban Outfitters or something of that nature.

What was your most recent purchase?
A Purple Ombre Maxi Skirt from the Market and a Grey Ombre Shirt from Urban Outfitters!  Apparently I was in an ombre mood!


What's a quick go-to outfit when your running late?
I tend to layer a lot of clothes since I'm always cold.  I'd probably throw a pair of skinny jeans, a funky cardigan and a cute pair of heels AND if my hair isn't blown out, I'd throw it up in a big ole bun!

Yes, more train tracks!!!  Okay, same tracks on a different day.


 photo Camo-1_zps684905cb.jpg

 photo Camo-2_zpsfc2012c3.jpg
beanie: UO, shirt: F21, cardigan: Zara (similar), jeans: Gap, shoes: Journey's, bag: theit

Can you share your top 3 style tips?
1. If you find something that you love, it's okay to buy more than one of it.  If it works well, why not?
2. Be open minded!  Sometimes we say, 'it's cute, but it's not me'.  Try it on anyways, you never know!
3. Light scarves are a great affordable accessory this time of year.  You can wrap it around your neck, wear it as a headband, tie it on your purse or wear it as a belt.  So many options!

Jeans and t-shirt or dress?
I'm definitely a jeans and a t-shirt girl.  I'm one for the utmost comfort!  Don't get me wrong, I still own plenty of dresses!

Flats or heels?
Heels all the way!  I have a lot of shoes, but I find myself grabbing my nude heels a lot.  For one, heels make you taller and at 5'4" I need a little height.  The nude color also makes your legs look longer! and the nude color matches almost everything.  I love my Nine West Gwendle Pump in Camel!

No comments:

Post a Comment