Sunday, January 5, 2014

Weekday breakfast problems

So lately I have been starving after breakfast.
And by starving I mean its 8:30am and my students ask if I ate breakfast because my stomach is growling so freaking loud its embarrassing.
( I will say I eat breakfast at about 5:15 and lunch around 10:30)

So clearly my cereal isn't cutting it.
And also I should throw in I hate breakfast in the morning.
I love brunch, hate breakfast.
This is first world problems at its finest!
Its to early, I'm not fully functioning and the last thing I want to think about is food.

So I decided to take the 30 day green smoothie challenge to replace my breakfast.
This way I can take my smoothie with me in the morning and drink it as I please.
I am using a plan through Simple Green Smoothies and it just started last week. 
I am a week behind but I decided to just do it one week longer :)
They send you a shopping list and 5 recipes each week so you don't have to drink the same smoothie everyday.

So Saturday ( The worst day of all days) I got my list and headed to trader joes along with everyone else in Cary/Raleigh and came home with my loot!

Tonight I am going to prep all 5 smoothies in my mason jars so each morning I only have to wake up throw it in the blender and add almond milk and I am good to go.
Minimal prep at 5am is essential!

So I will let you know how it goes.
If you have any other recipes let me know!
I would love to add them to my list cause I want to keep doing it after the 30 days is up!



2 comments:

  1. I love smoothies for breakfast for the exact reason you mentioned...you can take them with you and sip as you go! Good luck..and def share any good recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear how it goes! I've heard so much about juicing and have been wanting to try something similar. I do lots of boiled eggs (I boil them on Sundays for the week) toast and oatmeal.

    ReplyDelete