Wednesday, March 11, 2015

New Beginnings


So I said I had some changes that were happening and here it is. 

Today is officially the last day of my teaching career.

I always wanted to be a teacher my whole life and it never waivered until recently. I have spent the last 4 years teaching math and every year I grew, perfected lessons and implemented new ideas. I love working with the students, they are the reason why I became a teacher. But finally I realized I spent so much time working on lessons and creating things that would keep students engaged and interested in math and after I was done I realized I spent more time evaluating if parents would like what I was doing than if students would be engaged, learning and growing. That is when I knew this wasn't the career I thought it was and it was so disheartening and I knew I needed to make a change.
 I spent a lot of time praying about what to do next.

Monday I start my job at a marketing company as an client success associate (fancy name for account manager) I have spent so much time talking with the company to make sure this was a job I wanted to take and I know in my hear that this opportunity is what is best. When I told my students they were sad because we have such a great relationship but they understand and the support I received from parents was amazing.

I am so excited, anxious and nervous for this new career opportunity and can't wait to share my journey with you!

5 comments:

  1. Wow! Congratulations on your new career! I'll be praying for you and this new journey! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww! Good luck with the new job! I know it will be a whole brand new career for you, but you've got this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely understand your frustration with teaching - I know I couldn't do it! Best of luck to you in your new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds so very similar to what I went through in deciding to get a Masters after being out of school for so long. Congrats on this huge step!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel the same way! I am fixing to have to make a change out of education as well! congrats on your new opportunity!

    ReplyDelete